Sunday, September 18, 2016

Porfolio review 17.09.2016

This week was rather bad for my portfolio. I already posted my big loss with copper here. In addition my CopyTrading portfolio wasn't going well - difficult times for all traders. My overall balance for the last trading week:

CopyTrading: -0,85% (total -0,03%)
ManualTrading:  -6,63% (total -7,56%)


CopyTrading

Due to a difficult week my CopyTrading portfolio made a loss of -0,85% of my investment. Obviously not a good timing to increase my investment last week (see last weeks portfolio review). Overall I made a loss of -0,03% with my portfolio. The overall ranking changed and @moosgruber took the lead, despite losing -0,14% of my investment (see table below for more details). 




When comparing with the last weeks rank it is obvious that the performance of my traders changed essentially. For example @Jarodd76, last weeks peak performer, had the worst performance this week. On the contrary @TradeBetter was on 10th rank last week, but was the best performer this week. If you check on the charts of a successful trader you always see drawbacks, depending on the markets they invest in and their strategy. Therefore I decided not to switch traders on a weekly basis but to give them at least one month to compare their performance.

Notice on the figures I use for my ranking: If you want to compare the real performance of a copied trader, you must look at "value". This number already contains the trading fees, while "P/L ($)" is without fees This is important, since fees are quite different for different traders. Some specialized on markets without trading fees or found their strategy to avoid them. For example @smartandsocial always closes his trades in the evening and thus only pays the spread, no fees.
By the way, the fees on your own trades are not included in the value price!

ManualTrading

Again a lost money with my manual trading portfolio. I tried to analyze the reasons in this post and will change my strategy. The main focus will be to set tighter stop losses. Overall I lost 7,56% of my invested money. I keep on working on my strategy and I am optimistic


No comments:

Post a Comment