Saturday, October 1, 2016

Portfolio Review 01.10.2016

It is the end of a week, end of a month and end of a quarter - good time for a new portfolio review. There had been a lot of ups and downs with a positive result:

CopyTrading: +0,25% (total: +0,85%)
ManualTrading: +0,62% (total: -3,79%)


CopyTrading

After one month of CopyTrading, my portfolio gained 0,85% of my invested capital. The eleven traders perform very differently, as shown in the table below. 


The best performer in my portfolio since three weeks is @moosgruber. With a risk score of 4 he outperformed @Kirex15 by a factor of four! Only 5 out of 11 traders where profitable in September - obviously a very difficult month for trading. The following chart shows the ranks of the traders in the last four weeks. As for most indices and stocks there is are a lot of ups and downs, showing different performance in different weeks. If I had stopped copying the five least successful traders in calendar week 37, I had quit copying 3 out the 5 best performing traders overall (visible in cw40). That demonstrates that it makes no sense switching traders in my portfolio on a weekly basis. Therefore I will not change my portfolio for now but will stay in touch with the least performing traders to learn more about their strategy for next weeks. You can follow these discussions directly on eToro.


ManualTrading

My ManualTrading Portfolio is still in red, due to the one bad mistake I made on selling copper at the wrong time. I lost nearly 7% of my equity with this single trade. Anyhow the last two weeks had been profitable, so I am optimistic I can make up for those losses. Even better: My ManualTrading portfolio performed better then my CopyTrading portfolio in the last two weeks, with a current risk score of only 2. Looks like I have learned from my mistakes and working on my strategy with my backtesting tool is showing first results (if you want to learn more about my backtesting see my last post on stop loss systems here).



No comments:

Post a Comment