Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Getting out of sync @CopyTrading

When I reviewed my CopyTrading portfolio a few weeks ago I realized, that the performance of my copied traders differ a lot (see chart below). Some are performing great, with a profit >10%. Others are losing up to 20% of my investment. As a result the overall profit of my CopyTrading portfolio is below 1%. So it was about time to think about rearranging my portfolio. First I started analyzing the charts of some traders and realized, that I am not properly synchronized with them. In this post I discuss two examples and explain what I believe are the reasons.



Performance of my copied traders in direct comparison:



Sync with @moosgruber

The following chart shows the performance of @moosgruber. The red line represents the performance in my portfolio. The green line is based on his eToro chart. This chart shows the performance based on an initial investment of $10.000. In calendar week 36 @moosgruber's "value" was $15.997,19. In order to generate the graph below, I calculated the relative difference of @moosgrubers "value" in each week to this initial value.

Both graphs in the chart appear to be somewhat parallel with a nearly constant offset. I wondered why this offset appeared in calendar week 38 and found the following reason: In calendar week 38 I added funds to all traders in my CopyTrading portfolio (check out my portfolio review from back then for more details). I haven't wasted a thought about getting out of sync by just adding funds, but for me it is pretty obvious that this is the reason (or at least one reason). So next time I will rather end copying a trader and recopy him with a higher amount.




Sync with @Kirex15

While the difference between my profit with @moosgruber and the profit according to his eToro chart was quite low and nearly similar, I figured I am completely out of sync with @Kirex15 (see chart below - in this case being out of sync was quite helpful, as it reduced the losses).

As for @moosgruber I added funds in calendar week 38, thus causing some issues. However, the difference here already appears after the first week of copying, so basically right from the start. Later the differences becomes even greater and exceed the differences for @moosgruber. What I found then was, that @Kirex15 recommends a minimum investment of $270 - more then I have invested right now. Unfortunately eToro doesn't show the trade sizes in a traders history, so I can only assume that I missed some of @Kirex15's trades because they were opened with less than 1% of her equity. In order to avoid such issues, I intend to better check on traders recommendation in the future before I start copying them.



Sync with @berrau

The graph below shows the profits of @berrau. Interestingly my portfolio and @berrau's eToro chart split apart in cw38 - probably due to me adding funds. Just four weeks later, both profits are nearly identical again, without any interaction. It appears as if the trading style of @berrau is very good for copying. Do you have any idea why?



Conclusion

The conclusion is rather easy to draw: It is important to check frequently whether the copy process is still synchronized properly. There are many reasons why a CopyTrade can get out of sync:
  • The trader is adding or removing funds to his account
  • The copier is adding or removing funds to the CopyTrade
  • The amount invested in the CopyTrade is too small and not all trades are copied
  • The trader gains some parts of  his profit by copying other traders, but the trades are to small to get copied
What is your experience with CopyTrading? What do you do to keep properly synchronized?

***

Related posts:

Getting out of sync @CopyTrading pt. 2 - 13.01.2017
rearranging my CopyTrading portfolio
    ***
    Important remark: The results presented above and throughout my blog are no recommendation for your trading! I only share my personal findings and opinions to give ideas and let my followers and copiers know what I am currently working on. I can not guarantee the correctness of my tool and my presented results. Furthermore past performance is not an indication for future results. Only trade with money you can accept to loose! 

    9 comments:

    1. Technical Analysis is a trading tool employed to evaluate securities and provides accurate forecasts which are prepared by expert technical analysts.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. CRYTPO WALLET ACCOUNT TROUBLESHOOTS SUPPORT TEAM.



        Outside various bitcoin online trading communities

        we are strictly rendering fast help to those bitcoin online investors facing various issues 

        left unattended by their wallet accounts SERVICE PROVIDER (team supports),leaving you hanging and lost on how to go about getting help. 



        EG:

        BLOCKSTREAM (blockchain)

        Blockstream employs a number of prominent bitcoin core developers and is one of the largest 

        contributors of the software's funding.The company has been attempting to make it possible 

        to "break off" transactions from the bitcoin network,

        making the number of "REGISTERED ACCOUNT’S TROUBLESHOOT TICKETS” the network 

        could handle less important and most time not even looked into as there are 

        millions of “REQUEST TICKETS” on the team supports cue.



        "BE SMART ENOUGH”, to know this companies revery global and don’t even care if ONE out of more than a million customers they got is in need of support.

        for example:


        1️⃣ UNSPENDABLE BITCOIN ACTIVATION!


        2️⃣STOLEN BITCOIN$(fake trading platforms)!



        3️⃣LOST PASSWORD GLITCH!



        4️⃣TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATOR PROBLEMS!



        5️⃣LOST ID OR PASSWORD GLITCH!



        6️⃣HACKED ACCOUNTS SOLUTION!



        7️⃣ RECOVERY OF CRYPTO (BINARY LOSSES & STOLEN FUNDS)


        8️⃣PHISHING OF BITCOIN ACCOUNTS PROBLEM!



        9️⃣LOGIN ERORS!



        10.SCAMMED DURRING BITCOIN TRADINGS.



        cases like these get your crypto funds trapped (likely lost forever,until you meet the right agents like "US").


        NOTE:
        COINBASE/TEAM-SUPPORT

        BINANCE/TEAM-SUPPORT

        KRAKEN/TEAM-SUPPORT

        BITFINEX/TEAM-SUPPORT

        HITBTC/TEAM-SUPPORT

        LOCALBITCOIN/TEAM-SUPPORT

        BLOCKCHAIN/TEAM-SUPPORT

        team supports listed and ones not listed above can’t solve your problem 100%.

        how long do you have to wait when we can provide you legit CERTIFIED hacker with 
        past works dealt with without having to wait long until your troubles are been sorted.

        START SENDING YOUR TICKET PROBLEMS IN NOW FOR ULTIMATE SOLUTION.
        CRYPTOACCOUNTS_SUPPORT.ORG@PROTONMAIL.COM 

        thank you for reading this article.

        Delete
    2. Forex signals providers are making an enjoyable fortune, both for themselves and for forex traders through the provision of forex signals to their clients. Forex trading signals are so important that anyone who knows closely nothing approximately forex trading can apply them in trades and make permitted profits. It is for that reason not surprising that there are many unauthorized forex signal providers in the puff. In most cases (if not all), such signal providers allow muddled signals thereby misleading their clients. As an outcome of this, traders should sanction care once choosing a signal provider. In choosing a signal provider, a trader should evaluate the later questions

      What are the criteria to investigate?
      How reach you decree effectiveness of the signal provided?
      Who should you slant to for advice?

      Get Forex signals service with HOT FOREX SIGNAL Company.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Many thanks. I'm glad you found the post useful.
      Foreign Currency Exchange

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hello every one I was once a victim in trading binary option investment, I was scammed by a fake broker and I lost my money I tried to reach them but to no avail, But thank God today with the help of one miss Emily whom I was referred to by a friend of mine eventually came for my rescued and helped me placed a profitable trade and recovered all my lost funds. today I can testify to the fact that my lost money was successfully recovered . stop losing your hard earn money to wicked brokers and start making profits and instant withdraw. don't hesitate to ask for her assistance by the grace of God I make $10,000 on weekly basics and also a successful withdraw. contact her through her email .......... kennedyemily104@gmail.com.
      Or what's sap her :on +79267404955

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hello every one I was once a victim in trading binary option investment, I was scammed by a fake broker and I lost my money I tried to reach them but to no avail, But thank God today with the help of one miss Emily whom I was referred to by a friend of mine eventually came for my rescued and helped me placed a profitable trade and recovered all my lost funds. today I can testify to the fact that my lost money was successfully recovered . stop losing your hard earn money to wicked brokers and start making profits and instant withdraw. don't hesitate to ask for her assistance by the grace of God I make $10,000 on weekly basics and also a successful withdraw. contact her through her email .......... kennedyemily104@gmail.com.
      Or what's sap her :on +79267404955

      ReplyDelete
    6. NEW YORK (MAINSTREET ) — Investing is hard enough without walking into a bear trap set by an Fraudster . Crooks create false account statements, make wild performance claims and operate elaborate Ponzi schemes in order to get money out of your pocket and into theirs. If you're the victim of such a crime, what are your chances of getting your money back?
      The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) recently issued an investor bulletin explaining the ways in which conned consumers can attempt to recover assets lost to investment scam . The good news: there are a number of ways to recover your money. The bad news: you are likely to recover only a portion of your loss – and be prepared for a lengthy process.
      "Not all harmed investors will be able to recover money, and many of those who recover money receive less, often substantially less, than their losses from the securities fraud," the SEC says. "In addition, even when harmed investors are able to recover money, the process for distributing the money to harmed investors may take a long time."
      If an SEC investigation into securities fraud is successful, enforcement action is initiated through the court system or by an agency administrative proceeding. In addition to attempting to reclaim the proceeds from the fraud on behalf of victims, often penalties and interest are charged; the court or the SEC will determine the distribution of these assets. In other cases, a receivership is formed to recover and manage the proceeds of criminal collections. In fiscal year 2013, the SEC collected more than $1.6 billion in fines and recovered investment assets.
      When a brokerage firm fails, investors' assets are covered by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Securities held at the broker-dealer are protected up to $500,000; cash is protected up to $250,000, but only for the value held – assets are not protected from market loss. And this protection is only offered for customers of firms who are member of SPIC.
      Investors who have suffered losses from fraud may also find recourse under federal bankruptcy laws or private class-action lawsuits or top leading intelligence gathering agency for fighting fraudulent brokers and scammers.
      If you’ve lost any money online quickly send a report to dxiivrecoverys1@protonnmail.com or call/text: (646)-948-8125,
      Telegram: @dxiivrecovery

      ReplyDelete
    7. Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to me.
      Best Broker For Metatrader 5

      ReplyDelete
    8. "Whatsapp: +1-2-5-2-5-1-2-0-3-9-1""Cybergenie (@) Cyberservices. Com"My way of showing CYBER GENIE exactly how thankful I am for everything they did for me at one of the worst times of my life is by uploading this rating. When I was having concerns about turning over $150,000 worth of Bitcoin theft, Cyber Genie Hack Pro was courteous. My concerns about the likelihood of finding or recovering my misplaced money were reinforced by the irrefutable evidence provided by Cyber Genie. After a few sessions with, Cyber Genie boss, I feel confident in the decisions I took. Despite the fact that it took an extended period, I ultimately got every penny I thought I had lost to Bitcoin investment theft. When I felt like my entire world had smashed down around me, their expertise and vast knowledge were very much appreciated. Cyber Genie crypto recovery team is informed about it, and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

      ReplyDelete